[p2-dev] How to create a shared bundle pool using director application?

Hi All, I'm  trying to create a configuration (shared bundle pool )
similar to the one described in  p2 getting started page.

 Application1/
   configuration/
     config.ini
     ... other configuration files for Application1...
   Application1.exe
   Application1.ini
 Application2/
   configuration/
     config.ini
     ... other configuration files for Application2...
   Application2.exe
   Application2.ini
 Documents and Settings
   Username
     .p2/
       org/eclipse.equinox.p2.core
       org/eclipse.equinox.p2.director
       org/eclipse.equinox.p2.engine
       org/eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse
         plugins/      <-- shared bundle pool

I want the bundle pool to be created in a location of my choice.  Also
I would like to achieve it using the director applilcation.
Documentation suggests that it is supported (I'm using 3.4.2).

My command looks like this :

java -jar d:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar
-application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application
-metadataRepository file:///C:/UpdateSites/A-Update-Site/site.xml
-artifactRepository file:///C:/UpdateSites/A-Update-Site/site.xml
-installIU aFeature.feature.group
-destination d:/eclipse/
-profile MyProfile    # its the new profile i want to create.

-bundlepool D:/bundlepool/
-vmargs  -Declipse.p2.data.area=D:/eclipse/p2

I specify the bundle pool location  ( D:/bundlepool/ ) and a new profile.
The plugins are downloaded to the bundle pool and the profile
information is created in
D:\eclipse\p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\profileRegistry
Now I edit d:\eclipse\configuration\config.ini to point to MyProfile
and start eclipse.

Problem: I see that the plugins are not loaded, but the  feature (
aFeature ) is listed in the Help >> Software Updates >> Installed
Software tab.
Is there something wrong in what I did?

What would be the correct way of achieving what I want?
TIA  , Murali.

Back to the top