From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Pascal Rapicault
Sent: Wed 06/05/2009 10:19 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Cc: p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] What is the purpose of IRequiredCapability.isMultiple()?

You are correct this is not use. This is a left over from our initial code. The idea was to allow for some kind of multiplicity to be specified (e.g. I want 2 matches for this requirement).
However the reality of delivering something caught us and we never implemented it. Also we never had a use case for it. Do you have a need for it? (If so what are you trying to do?).

PaScaL

 Inactive hide details for "Mark Melvin" ---05/06/2009 04:13:53 PM---Hi All,<http://webmail.onsemi.com/Mark.Melvin/Drafts/graycol.gif> "Mark Melvin" ---05/06/2009 04:13:53 PM---Hi All,

 <http://webmail.onsemi.com/Mark.Melvin/Drafts/ecblank.gif>
From:	  <http://webmail.onsemi.com/Mark.Melvin/Drafts/ecblank.gif>
"Mark Melvin" <Mark.Melvin@xxxxxxxxxx>
 <http://webmail.onsemi.com/Mark.Melvin/Drafts/ecblank.gif>
To:	  <http://webmail.onsemi.com/Mark.Melvin/Drafts/ecblank.gif>
<p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 <http://webmail.onsemi.com/Mark.Melvin/Drafts/ecblank.gif>
Date:	  <http://webmail.onsemi.com/Mark.Melvin/Drafts/ecblank.gif>
05/06/2009 04:13 PM
 <http://webmail.onsemi.com/Mark.Melvin/Drafts/ecblank.gif>
Subject:	  <http://webmail.onsemi.com/Mark.Melvin/Drafts/ecblank.gif>
[p2-dev] What is the purpose of IRequiredCapability.isMultiple()?

Hi All,

I saw the "multiple" attribute in the tests and the corresponding
undocumented method on IRequiredCapability.  What is the (future)
purpose of this?  It appears to be not used by anything at the moment.

Thanks,
Mark.