[p2-dev] Feature Touchpoint Advice

Could someone please verify the syntax of touchpoint advice provided by a feature’s p2.inf.  I have reviewed the wiki doc and scanned some source code, but I’m not confident that I’m defining my p2.inf correctly.

Use Case:  web feature

·         Provide a feature with a set of plug-ins

o   org. test.web.app

o   required equinox http & jetty bundles

·         Provide feature p2.inf

o   Define http port via org.osgi.service.http.port property

o   Start http service

The following is the p2.inf that I have included with my feature.

P2.inf

====

instructions.configure=\

      setProgramProperty(propName:org.osgi.service.http.port, propValue:3080);\

      markStarted@org.eclipse.equinox.http(started:true);\

      markStarted@org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry(started:true)

However, it doesn’t work.   Is this a syntax problem or an issue with the p2.engine?  When I attempt to install this feature via P2 I get the following error:

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2009-04-30 08:05:34.828

!MESSAGE No action found for: setProgramProperty.

!STACK 0

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No action found for: setProgramProperty.

        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.MissingAction.execute(MissingAction.java:28)

        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.mainPerform(Phase.java:118)

        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:63)

        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:44)

        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:51)

Dennis O'Flynn
Technical Consultant
compuware
One Campus Martius