Re: [p2-dev] Use of DownloadStatus class?

Thanks Stefan,
I will add some suitable hooks to make it easier to implement that in the future.

Henrik Lindberg
henrik.lindberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mar 10, 2009, at 9:18 AM, Stefan Liebig wrote:

I think that the DownloadStatus was introduced to have some metrics for deciding which download site should be preferred and also to decide whether it is useful to pick binary deltas (if available and suitable) instead of a full download via a slow connection.
However, this functionality has not yet been implemented.

Stefan

Henrik Lindberg wrote:
In the ECF Transport classes an instance of DownloadStatus is created
and set on an OutputStream that also imlements IStateful.
The DownloadStatus calculates the download speed, but I can not find
any code that makes use of this information.

The merged implementation will instead report proper progress
(including scaling) on the monitor.
The status on an IStateful OutputStream will be set when transfer is
finished and use a regular Status object.

Is the DownloadStatus used anywhere in some branch? Or is it ok to get
rid of it?