[p2-dev] Multiple targets

Hi Folks,

Suppose that I have different types of bundles; osgi bundles, database bundles (that contain an OSGi manifest, table defs, views, etc).  OSGi bundles live in an OSGi container.  Database bundles would live in a database.

My application would obviosuly comprise both database bundles (persistence) and traditional osgi bundles (behavior).

The potential advantage of this approach is that everyting can be a bundle and I can leverage all the nice version dependency stuff; my osgi bundles can be version matched to my database models, etc.

As these bundles are all logically related and assuming the osgi instance becomes the orchestrator for all this - would it be possible to provision everything through the p2 agent of the osgi instance?  Perhaps by associating my database bundle IUs with a new touchpoint type/actions that can provisioned straight to the database (which would probably also need to be described in the profile's metadata).

Or

Would I need a separate agent on the database?

Or are both equally valid (or invalid)?

Many thanks
_Paul

Back to the top