[p2-dev] installer and director

Hi folks,

I'm working with the installer, with the notion of using it for webapp update/install.

I'm aware of the director application and have used it in the past. Are there any plans to merge the director application and installer application? In some ways they seem simila...i.e. specifying artifact, meta-data repos, profiles, etc via command line [director] or a properties file [installer]...or both using p2 underneath. Is there any plan/thought/desire to merge them into one application...or do they have different use cases and/or functionality?

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top