[p2-dev] How to install a plugin using P2

Hi,

We built an Database Query Explorer as a plugin for eclipse. Till eclipse 3.3 we used to provide update-site.jar for our users to download it and install the plugin. Now we want to use the Equinox P2 technology. We have gone through te documntaion regarding metadata generator and p2 director application inthe wiki.

However, we don't have a clear picture on how to implement it. Could someone please point to any examples or documentation regarding this.

Should every feature or plugin that is to be installed, generate a Installation unit. i.e. even for an update site project in our case, and then use that Installation Unit to install through p2 director app.

Thank You for your help.

TIA,
priya

Back to the top