[ospo.zone] OSPO Zone: state of the Alliance

Hiho good people,

I hope you are all well and working on exciting projects in 2022.

This email is a summary, for those who could not participate in our calls, of what has been done in 2021, and what are our goals and roadmap for 2022.

So 2021 was a busy year for the OSPO Alliance:

* First things first, we established the OSPO Alliance in June as a vendor-neutral, collaborative place for "sharing and promoting world class materials on good governance for Open Source Program Offices". We built a website [OZ] as an open, collaborative project [OZ_www] and since then we had an incredible amount of members joining, see [OZ_members]. This happens all in the open, and contributions are welcome.

* The OW2 Good Governance Initiative [GGI] members worked hard to set up a corpus of desired activities for OSPOs along with best practices from the field, and published a first version of its handbook in November. The handbook can be browsed at [GGI_handbook] and the PDF is available at [GGI_pdf]. This also happens all in the open, calls are public, contributions are welcome [GGI_OW2]. If you'd like to participate please check the GGI mailing list at [GGI_ml].

[GGI_handbook] https://ospo.zone/ggi/

* In December 2021, we started a monthly OSPO OnRamp session [OnRamp], providing presentations and talks about OSPOs, and practical best practices for organisations. It has been a success -- each session gathering around 25 participants -- and it already provides good content -- see [OnRamp_resources]. Next call is planned for the 18th of February, save the date!

[OnRamp_resources] https://ospo.zone/resources/

Now, what's planned for 2022?

* Our next OSPO Zone call will be held on the 15th of February at 2pm CEST. Book your agenda and join us to discuss the roadmap, initiatives and organization!

* The GGI group will build upon the handbook, working with partners to deploy the method in their organisation, develop new use cases, and gather feedback to improve the methodology and content for the next version of the handbook.

* We will set up the "OSPO Alliance virtual office hours", as regular monthly meetings dedicated to the GGI to present the method, describe activities and discuss specific use cases. More to come soon.

* We will obviously continue on the success of OSPO OnRamp, with more talks and discussions coming. Stay tuned on the [OnRamp] webpage for the next sessions.

* If you would like to introduce some new topics or events, please step up! This is a collaborative effort and all hands are more than welcome to make open source truly thrive in organisations. Come in and join us!

We will also communicate more, as there is a *lot* happening in the various initiatives around OSPO Alliance and it needs to show up, e.g. on this mailing list. If you'd like to contribute or know more, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread or get in touch with the initiatives you're aligned with.

Have a wonderful day, cheers!

--
Boris

Back to the top