Re: [osee-dev] OSEE - Project

Jagannatha,

Here are some answers to your questions.

1. Do I need to take any permission to use the software for academic
purpose?

Eclipse is free and open source software that is distributed royalty-free
under the terms of the Eclipse Software User Agreement[1].

If you are going to distribute Eclipse code, you should read our
Guidelines[2] and our EPL FAQ[3]. They both contain a great deal of useful
information.

We’re very happy when companies use our technologies for academic or
commercial purposes, and wish you the best with your new project.

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl/notice.php
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/guidetolegaldoc.php
[3] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/eplfaq.php

2. Can we publish papers/project results on public domains and use the OSEE
name?

Yes, as long as the use of the OSEE name conforms with the Eclipse Trademark
Usage Guidelines[4].

[4] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/logo_guidelines.php

3. How can we contribute to further development of the software?

That is a question for the other members of the osee-dev list. But
contributors are always welcomed to Eclipse Foundation projects!

Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director
Eclipse Foundation
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx