[orion-dev] Announcing Orion 13

Hi all,

Thanks to all the committers and contributors for another successful Orion release. We have made significant improvements in areas that are not always visible. For example, the Node Server, which was once only suitable for single user development, has advanced to the point where it will be possible to replace the Java one. There are still a few rough edges, but the committers have been self hosting for a while now while developing Orion 13.

Of course, we continue to improve tooling and in particular, the addition of a formatter is most welcome.

Here are some interesting links:

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ecd.orion/releases/13.0/plan
http://planetorion.org/news/2016/12/new-and-noteworthy-in-orion-13-0/
http://download.eclipse.org/orion/

Planning is beginning for Orion 14 and all input is welcome!

Thanks,
Steve

Back to the top