Re: [orion-dev] Orion Code Editor contentassist hint ordering

The content assist for the editor does not have any API for ordering proposals coming from different providers.  It was designed assuming there would typically only be a single assist provider for a file type.

Individual providers have the ability to sort their proposals.  It would be possible to extend the content assist provider API to allow an ordering between providers if someone has interest in doing the work.

Curtis

From:        David Lee <dlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08/31/2016 08:18 PM
Subject:        [orion-dev] Orion Code Editor contentassist hint ordering
Sent by:        orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there,
Is there a way to change ordering of hint categories?
I made my own hints and I would like to put it on the top of the list.
I have to do the service registry last so it is showing at the end.

I been trying to get this to work with Vue.js and realized I could not do new orion.codeEdit multiple times and it got to be a singleton or it would not work.

I got the hints to be able to change but the main problem is the hints I made is at the bottom because the editor been created already and it got the tern hints already.

Anyone have a solution to make the hints in a different order?

I even tried splicing the _entries and that just caused errors.

Thank you,
orion-dev mailing list
orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx