Re: [orion-dev] [flux-dev] cf-deployer button

So you would like the navigation pane on the left to stay as it is, with the area normally occupied by the editor replaced with some kind of deploy configuration page? In short that is not currently possible, we don't have anything like pluggable UI widgets that are contributed via iframe into a common page. The current approach being taken for deploy is that a plugin defining custom deploy UI is represented as an iframe in a dialog on top of the current page. Are you mainly looking to avoid the "modal" feel and get a similar experience directly in page?

I guess you could navigate to a separate application in another page that has a common look and feel to Orion so that the user experience is consistent. I also wonder about the possibility of defining a new editor type, and essentially redirecting to open a custom editor that it is something like a deploy wizard embedded as an editor.

John

From:        Martin Lippert <mlippert@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        Flux developer discussions <flux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        10/17/2014 07:09 AM
Subject:        [flux-dev] cf-deployer button
Sent by:        flux-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey!

I am playing around with the cf-deployer button in the Orion UI and I wonder whether it would be possible to embed that web application entirely in the Orion UI instead of just jumping to this other, totally different URL. So that the deployer app would integrate with Orion in the same way as the other icons on the left bar - when clicking on them, everything else beside this left bar is filled up with the content of the app that belongs to that button.

Any idea whether that is possible?

Cheers,
-Martin