Re: [orion-dev] Adding allowed file paths in windows

Hi Christopher,

I however am unable to link to nor create/edit files in that directory. In fact I see no reference to that directory at all in the Orion web interface.

Not seeing any indication in the UI is normal -- the allowedPaths property just permits users to link to the given path. It doesn't pre-define any folders in their Orion workspace. They're expected to use File > Link to Server to link in the folders they want to edit.

But since the Link to Server part seems to be failing for you as well, here are some things you should check:
  1. Is your orion.conf file being found by the server? Ensure a message like this appears in the console output:
    2014-08-07 12:21:49.792 [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 51)] INFO  org.eclipse.orion.server.config - Server configuration file loaded from: orion.conf

  2. Permissions: Ensure that the Windows user account running your Orion server has permission to access C:\Test

  3. Case sensitivity: Ensure that when you use Link to Server, you use the same case as given in your orion.conf. In other words, C:\Test not c:\test.
    Also the server path entered in the Link to Server popup should use single slashes, not double (the \\ escaping is only needed within the orion.conf file.)
If none of this helps, can you open a bug here and let us know what version of Orion (or build stamp) you're running?

Regards,
Mark