Re: [orion-dev] Fwd: [Open Academy] 'npm install' failing with tty.js

​​
Sorry, bit late to the game here. Forwarding last bit of the discussion from e-mail thread.

​​
----- Forwarded by Mark MacDonald/Ottawa/IBM on 06/02/2014 06:29 PM -----

From: Mark MacDonald/Ottawa/IBM
To: Jonathan Balsano <jrbalsano@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ken Walker/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, Kaitlin Johnson Huben <kjh2141@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Melody Ju <mj2558@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/02/2014 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Open Academy] 'npm install' failing with tty.js

    2. tty.js is built on a tty interface which seems to be incompatible with cmd.exe. We're not entirely sure about this but will continue to look into it. If that's the case, should we try to modify tty.js (and the underlying pty.js) to support windows?

I'm not familiar with tty.js -- can it support Windows through, say, a Cygwin bash shell?  If so, that's good enough IMO. Windows devs working in the Node world should be used to stuff not working in cmd.exe anyway.

Jonathan Balsano ---03/02/2014 06:14:39 PM---Hey all, We spent a couple of hours trying to debug our windows systems today just