[orion-dev] "hook declined" message when pushing

Earlier today I deleted 2 useless tags from the Orion client repo: "testtag" and "testTag". (The fact that these tag names differed only in case was causing problems for contributors using EGit on Windows.)

Unfortunately, this has caused contributors using orion.eclipse.org to see an uninformative "hook declined" error message when pushing:

Inline image 1

Despite the error, you can still push commits normally. The error is actually complaining about the 2 deleted tags, which still exist in your clone.

To get rid of this message, you can delete-and re-clone your repository (make sure you back up any local branches first).

If you have command-line git access, you can simply delete the tags testtag and testTag from your repository, which will also fix the problem. This is not an option for Orion users, however, since I wasn't able to successfully delete testTag using the Orion Git tools.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mark

Back to the top