[orion-dev] Using individual Orion components

Hello all

We're building an OSGi-based web application. We need to add support for preferences to it.

We need to support both global and user-specific preferences
We also need to allow our optional OSGi bundles to be able to contribute preferences specific to those plugins.

It was suggested to me that we could reuse components from Orion to do this - that Orion could implement both the back-end support for preferences management, and give us a starting-point for a frontend UI for the user to view and edit preferences.

Is this a good idea? Can individual capabilities from Orion be used like this in non-IDE apps?

If so, are there any starting points for how to go about this?

Thanks in advance for any advice people can offer!

Kind regards

Dale
Unless stated otherwise above: