From: Hiroyuki Sano <sh19910711@xxxxxxxxx>
To: orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 04/25/2013 08:37 AM
Subject: [orion-dev] GSoC 2013 - Improve the Orion styling framework...
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

My name is Hiroyuki, I am an undergraduate student from University of
Aizu in Japan. It's nice to meet you.

Recently, I am interested in Web IDE such as Orion, Cloud9 and etc...,
because I have just been attempting to develop such application with my
friends. It is still in the planning stage, but we were discussing its
developing plan again and again, so I have thought over about Web IDE's
implementations.

However its project is under only student programmers, it has wishful
thinkings. Actually, when I looked over the Orion's source code on
GitHub, I realized that there are many things that I got lost on my project.

# Google Summer of Code 2013

In this summer, I would like to work for the Orion project as the GSoC
project. Through working, I want to cultivate a better understanding
about Web IDE.

>From the ideas page, I found the idea ""Improve the Orion styling
framework and add additional languages"", and I am interested in it. Is
it OK to apply to GSoC 2013 for that?

I'm concerned that I might be late.

# Question

If it is OK, I have a question.

About the first part of the idea is said that "to add support to the
built in styler for HTML and mixed-mode". To confirm my recognition of
the task, I would like to ask you the following question:

For example,

```
   <head>
       <script>
          {A _javascript_ code}
       </script>
          {A CSS code}
```

if there is the above, then Orion's Text Editor should style each part
of HTML, JS and CSS by appropriate styles(such as coloring, etc...)
respectively.

However, it hasn't yet been implemented the styling features that can do
that, so we need to implement it. It is the first task of that idea,
isn't it?

That is all. Thank you.
--
Hiroyuki Sano