Re: [orion-dev] Supported Target Platforms

Martin Petzold <m.petzold@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 04/15/2013 11:16:12 AM:
> 1. Is the editor "Scripted"(?) also able to handle other source code
> than _javascript_?

Scripted uses the Orion editor. I believe it is focused only on _javascript_/CSS/HTML as well. It does have some more advanced _javascript_ support, such as content assist across source files.

> 2. Is client side code validation done via JS bundles or Eclipse
> native/legacy?

The validation is done by client side plugins. These plugins could contact a server but in the default support they do not. Scripted makes use of server side validation (although the server runs on your desktop).

> 3. Is the editor and tool able to do real-time shared editing (like
> in Google Docs)?

No. It does have ETag support so it at least detects conflicting writes, but no shared editing.

John

Back to the top