Re: [orion-dev] What license is Eclipse Orion using?

As of yesterdays Eclipse board meeting we are able to dual license all our non-Java resources within the Orion project.  So our recent Node.js based server code will also be under both licenses.

Essentially, we'll likely try to keep:

server repository - http://git.eclipse.org/c/orion/org.eclipse.orion.server.git/ as single license EPL

client repository - http://git.eclipse.org/c/orion/org.eclipse.orion.client.git/ as dual license EPL and EDL

even though the client repository will contain our "server" code for Node.js and the repo name may be a bit misleading (since it says client) this is where dual licensed code will live.

Ken Walker
Co-Lead Eclipse Orion Project | Tools for the Web, On the Web
http://orionhub.org | http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion
@k_e_n__w | @orionhub

Inactive hide details for "Mike Milinkovich" ---2012/12/13 09:41:08 AM---Rod, The Eclipse Distribution License = BSD"Mike Milinkovich" ---2012/12/13 09:41:08 AM---Rod, The Eclipse Distribution License = BSD

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Orion developer discussions'" <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

2012/12/13 09:41 AM

Re: [orion-dev] What license is Eclipse Orion using?

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Rod,

The Eclipse Distribution License = BSD

The "Eclipse Distribution License" is the 3-clause BSD, also known as the
"New BSD". The New BSD license is a template, rather than a license per se.
We simply filled out the template following the instructions given to us by
the OSI.

I hope that clarifies things.

Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx