Re: [orion-dev] Sites?

John J Barton wrote on 12/14/2011 12:03:35 AM:
> Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Does anyone understand the Sites feature enough to explain it?  I've
> never gotten it to work and it seems like it ought to be simple
> enough.

I think the documentation gives a reasonably good basic explanation from an end user perspective:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Documentation/User_Guide/Getting_started#Launching_your_project_as_a_website

The tricker part is if you are running your own server, you may need to configure the server to specify the virtual hosts to be used for launched sites. The default setting will work for localhost on Windows and Linux, but if you are running Mac or have a domain name there is some configuration needed. This doc gives a good overview of what needs to be done:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Server_admin_guide#Configuring_virtual_host_names_for_launching_sites

John A

Back to the top