Re: [orion-dev] Running HEAD without eclipse?

Yes. We are using a similar process on orion.eclipse.org, except instead of upgrading as described by Andrew, we just rename the install directory and unzip a new install in its place. This makes it a bit easier to roll back if something is wrong. This process relies on always having a working integration build that is good enough for self-hosting. We are trying to get to that point by self hosting *all the time* on our daily integration builds, spinning extra builds as needed if things go wrong.

John A

John J Barton <johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/21/2011 02:00 PM

Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [orion-dev] Running HEAD without eclipse?

So you mean:
   1) install an integration build,
   2) run it using <install path>/orion.exe
   3) Stop it with osgi> close
   4) upgrade with the eclipse command with -d <install_path>
   5) go to 2
Right?

jjb