Re: [orion-dev] Anonymous commits

Thanks!

I had no idea the repositories slide out thing was editable.

jjb

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM, John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The default author information is set on your profile page (drop down in upper right).  See the "Git Defaults" section at the bottom. However I think that default setting only applies when you first clone a repository. To set the user information on an existing repository, go to the Repositories page, click the repository you are working on, and set the "user.name" and "user.email" properties in the Repository Configuration slide-out panel that appears.

We disabled committing with blank author information, but I'm not sure if that change is on orionhub.org yet.

John

John J Barton <johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/16/2011 01:09 PM

Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[orion-dev] Anonymous commits

It seems as if the git commits default to no author unless I use the
git-status commit UI to set my email address manually on every commit.
Is there a workaround?

jjb