Re: [orion-dev] Why is ruler offset by lineHeight ?

Is this the same problem where the AnnotationRuler style object is modified by the OverviewRuler? It seems so.

Silenio

From: John J Barton <johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/18/2011 02:04 PM
Subject: Re: [orion-dev] Why is ruler offset by lineHeight ?
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Silenio Quarti <Silenio_Quarti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Every ruler div has one extra div at the top (firstChild before any lines). This div is used to determine the width of the ruler. Its height is "lineHeight".  The ruler is offset by "lineHeight" to hide this div above the editor.

Ok, thanks, that's fine, I can just add +1 to the line to move my annotation down. Now how can I control the width of that div?

There is another problem, one of the div gets line-height = 1px. I have to explicitly set line-height=17px to see my annotation. I would like set the value dynamically rather than to a constant.  Where can I get line-height?

Why do you need to set style.top of the ruler div?

Only to compensate for the the extra line.  Now I do that with the +1.
jjb

Silenio