[orion-dev] Official Orion 0.2 Release

I'm pleased to announce that Orion is now both an official Eclipse sub-project and that we have our official 0.2 summer preview release available -- http://download.eclipse.org/orion/ . I'd like to send a huge thanks to all the developers, testers and users involved as well as a special thanks to John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton and the others at the foundation for helping us get through the release process so quickly after the Indigo train released.

Our 0.2 release has been stable now for a month so in the interim we've been planning and working on our 0.3 release, the details of which you can find here -- http://eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=eclipse.orion .

Future releases will use a four month cycle, so leading up to next year's annual release in June we're planning:
- Orion 0.3 -- (October 2011) / (Eclipsecon Europe)
- Orion 0.4 -- (February 2012) / (Eclipsecon US)
- Orion 1.0 -- (June 2012) / (Juno Release Train)

Thanks again to all involved.
-Simon

Back to the top