Re: [orion-dev] Managing branches

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:09 PM, John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chime in if you have any other suggestions. From my reading elsewhere,
> deleting branches in Git is a fairly common workflow because the Git
> development style is branch intensive. Of course this doesn't delete any
> commits or code in the repository - it just removes a label that no longer
> has value from a commit. Git experts out there please chime in if this
> doesn't sound reasonable.

I highly recommend using Gerrit for this specific reason.

Deleting branches that are meant to be temporary on origin is fine,
however, can screw someone over if they were doing something based on
it.

Feature branches generally exist on developer boxes, not in origin.

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org