[orion-dev] JavaScript code formatters

Does anybody have experience with existing code formatters? I've seen http://jsbeautifier.org/ and http://jsutility.pjoneil.net/ - there are probably others as well.

Who could look at integrating these (or one of them) with Orion?

With integration, I mean how can I make use of the functionality in a useful way from Orion's code editor or navigator? It would be OK to assume that the code formatter tools are running on some other server (I am not even sure if the code formatters above have a server component). Being able to demo these kinds of loosely-coupled integrations and not assume that everything has to happen on one monolithic server would be good. In case the formatting code is client-side code, we could do something similar to how we are using JSLint today.

If there are any takers, please let me know on IRC (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion for details). This would be something to do after we've shipped M5 (i.e. after this week).

Thanks!
Boris

Back to the top