[orion-dev] Fw: Client side integration options

oops, still trying to re-train my hand to click Reply All instead of just Reply...

----- Forwarded by Boris Bokowski/Ottawa/IBM on 2011/01/19 12:46 -----

Boris Bokowski/Ottawa/IBM

johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2011/01/19 12:45

Re: [orion-dev] Client side integration options

http://localhost:8080/findFile?editToken=<opaque>&

http://localhost:8080/findFile?localFile=<encodedFileURL>&

> In all cases the server redirects to the code.html URL (or whatever you
> like).

How about this instead:

If Firebug sees an HTTP header
x-edit-url:
it will issue that URL to edit. The server can return any URL (including from other servers).

This would make it possible to have a site served from a different server (e.g., boris-test.orion-sites.eclipse.org) than the editor (e.g., orion.eclipse.org).

Why were you suggesting a token plus a rule how to turn that into a URL, instead of just a URL?

> Well I can do the remapping thingy now and if you want to try the
> findFile thing let me know.

I can add the x-edit-* header this week, but we should agree on token vs. URL first ;-)

Boris

GIF image

Back to the top