Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit documentation inconsistent/outdated

On Tue, 2020-10-20 at 16:20 +0000, Dennis Hendriks wrote:
> It seems that with the a CQ approval for using a third party
> depenency in your project, you don't need an Add To Orbit (ATO) CQ
> anymore. [1]
>
> However, in several places this is still mentioned. [2] [3] [4]

Yes, not needing ATO CQs is definitely something that should be
updated. However, there's still the possibility of needing to file a CQ
for the initial contribution of a library, if ClearlyDefined does not
have it listed.

I would use https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit/Adding_Bundles_To_Orbit_In_5_Minutes
for getting started. It also references the README.md in the actual
repository where new contributions go.

I went through https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit/Adding_Bundles_to_Orbit a
while ago to update it, but there were still some references to things
I found might be relevant, or wasn't sure if they'd even come up, and
so they were kept. I could go through the exercise again when I get
some time.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg