Re: [orbit-dev] Updating Batik transcoder to 1.13 and dependencies

Le 24/09/2020 à 23:36, ShiHeng Guan a écrit :

Hi,  I want to update most if not all the libraries of Batik,

I already submit all the CQ for the other batik libraries it needs on 1.13

Hi,

I had planned to have a look at updating GMF Runtime (which still uses Batik 1.6) to Batik 1.13 later this year. I do not have a lot of time to work on this at the moment, but I'd like to help if I can, in particular to validate that all the pieces needed for GMF Runtime and Sirius are there and working for these projects.

A few years ago I already tried updating to Batik 1.9, but at the time the way the Batik JARs were organized was not very OSGi-friendly and caused a lot of issues (split packages, XML/SAX-related packages with alternative contents compared to ohter JARs in Orbit or the JDK itself...). Hopefully 1.13 is cleaner in this regard. https://eclip.se/522740 has all the details of that attempt if you encounter the same kind of issues. In the end, all 1.9 JARs were contributed, and most were fine, but there were still issues with some of them which prevented GMF Runtime (and Sirius and Papyrus) to make the switch.

Can I submit the recipe before the CQ is approved or do I need to wait for approval?

The published process (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit/Adding_Bundles_to_Orbit#Before_You_Do_Anything) recommends to wait for the CQ approvals before spending time on the recipes, but I'm not sure it is still relevant or that there is much risk of the CQ to be rejected in this case.

Anyway, don't hesitate to ping me when you have recipes available in Gerrit  that I can build and test.

Regards,
Pierre-Charles

Thanks,

ShiHeng