Re: [orbit-dev] how to update xerces?

On Thu, 2020-08-06 at 12:51 -0400, Nitin Dahyabhai wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Apr 2019, Roland Grunberg wrote:
>
> > However, if you do want a newer version of xerces, contributing to
> > orbit-recipes is the right approach. We can definitely discuss
> > getting
> > rid of the older one, but it depends in part on consumers being
> > able to
> > adopt the newer version.
>
> I know this is an older thread, but WTP would be interested in
> consuming a newer version. I had been looking for the recipe myself
> and had the ipzilla approved for 2.12.0 when it was the current
> version.

If that's the case, then I would file a bug in Orbit and check the
desired version (either via CQ or checking ClearlyDefined), and then
prepare the recipe. I think the most important thing would be that
manifest data be "similar" to how it existed in prior version.

Adding a newer version should be relatively simple. The tricky part
would be confirming that no consumers of the older version need it
anymore.

There's a quick overview of contributing to orbit-recipes at
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit/Adding_Bundles_To_Orbit_In_5_Minutes .

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg