Re: [orbit-dev] Bug with automated bundle creation process?

On Fri, 2020-08-07 at 15:42 +0100, Sina Madani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve been trying to add some bundles recently and I’ve noticed the
> build fails because of some supposedly missing dependency. However
> when doing mvn dependency:tree and looking on the project websites,
> mvnrepository.com etc. I find that there are no dependencies, or at
> least they must be included already. The mvn -U clean package
> -DdirtyWorkingTree=warning succeeds, but when building the
> aggregationfeature it fails.
>
> For example, I’m adding PlantUML which supposedly has no
> dependencies, but the build fails with the message:
> “Missing requirement: net.sourceforge.plantuml 1.2019.0.v20200807-
> 1315 requires 'java.package; ch.braincell.viz 0.0.0' but it could not
> be found”
>
> I suspect there must be some setting that ignores files which don’t
> contain the same package name as the bundle? Any clarification would
> be appreciated.

The package ends up in the set of Import-Packages of the generated
bundle and if nothing else provides it, the build will fail.

In this case, the build seems to actually be catching reflection
usage :

net/sourceforge/plantuml/vizjs/VizJsEngine.java:			final Class classVizJS = Class.forName("ch.braincell.viz.VizJS");
net/sourceforge/plantuml/vizjs/VizJsEngine.java:		final Class classVizJS = Class.forName("ch.braincell.viz.VizJS");

If you're sure this usage would never come up (eg. optional) then you
can add something like '!ch.braincell.viz' to the Import-Package
statement. Otherwise, you'll need to contribute this bundle as well.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top