Re: [orbit-dev] Adding an Eclipse OSGi bundle to Orbit
  • From: Carsten Reckord <reckord@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 21:10:58 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB, de-DE
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=yatta.de; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=yatta.de; dkim=pass header.d=yatta.de; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=CW4RYlNHRFMaRgR7ft19drrbca1+fjTC5oG7BdaR70g=; b=fw+n5Rtn7b8wFd1JW/PfCFNxAlhzJrvVnSrh2M9T+E6/2ystpGxAQSX8Ofn20s0M+qExtyBczF0GLCZ3RpAaTiA5UGtgDkSgUcGrFALF/HkCQF7KbAQkfXz3SeXjevChNW4U+jNfzWheukqImhinVXiNEak+fb3zpuy9A4MG4H/W1g5rjNWpUSxBf8xK/5JOQBdCD5Uf3s93eAzCO1D7+VIXue+JU003H0EZLOs7A/zR7UGQEnuOuAlWg0loHD0/Odudg5GmD0bnCtJri7NcCRigT5ry6SlOzja7O/hn1YCsZGWTGTArIW5f84TfwwfSY5pfR4vItJYHt30NQo9KEA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=hitWLwLmmsXjrjYsoPVgegSKiR/DNsvm4LPOUrfbHCbwztP23nutC0iY+4GorPnMwQNW983pkHPHjfggvrCuapt7sPTPZv98dF+4BltVZOyeDl4yBKUJ7Wn2KuMzAjWtW8f5my7eDYim80zzAgTtJLpVkf4tyJ36k7Fm23pF1Kgnxz+cNZBhTDe3HDO/RqDPlICwny751f5NSHbqylIUiluraItkax1M4n16uDwzSPqUUmYJIkfKMyT10KT039mLOdSkLv9iU5oxtFyqy0xLyEV74rY6THosVH8ugJOGNN6O3VBKIsdlwn1T++E2e6p+i0JV0obt1eZdPixKMgc4Pg==

Thank you both for the suggestion. I thought of that as well, but wasn't sure if that was an okay path for Orbit to go. I'll play around with it a bit and see how it goes - if it works out okay, we can still see if it should be added like this. I'll report back when I know more.

FWIW though, I discovered a couple of other bundles already in Orbit that are pretty much the same case - basically everything from the Jakarta EE project (under javax/ in Orbit) is also an Eclipse Project and already comes as OSGi bundles in Maven Central.

Cheers
Carsten