Re: [orbit-dev] Lucene 5.2.1 into orbit-recipes (EBR)

Roland Grunberg <rgrunber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 09/24/2015 11:14:18 AM:

> Well if we weren't aggregating new (ebr) and old (cvs) ones we'd basically
> have to migrate all the bundles people are still using to ebr for Neon,
> or let them know they should also include the older Orbit repos in their
> target platform.

I think it is a tiny bit more than that. Or, put another way, there is another,
"Orbit selfish" reason: I am assuming that the new build process must,
as the old did, be able to resolve "everything that is required". So in some cases,
a new bundle might require, as a pre-req, some package that is in another third party
package that is in Orbit's "old" repository. I'd hate to have to
"transfer" some old, standard thing, just to add a new bundle.
That is all similar to what you say ... just from an Orbit perspective.

> Yeah, this seems fine to me. There were 2 bundles I was planning to get rid
> of as I was able to confirm they're not needed but with CVS eventually being
> frozen, I think directly removing them from the final build seems better.

Just to be clear, in case I was not, I am talking about cleaning up the "final p2
repository" ... we will never remove anything from Orbit CVS, and ideally it will stay
around in "read only" mode for a few years (and, after that, archived versions
be available! :)

I have opened following bundle to track the work on "clean up" and "creating composites".
Volunteers welcome ... NEEDED!

Bug 478337- Provide composite of "old stuff" and "new stuff".

Back to the top