[orbit-dev] Introducing myself

Hi all,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Looking at the list of present committers I see that I've already met a few of you face to face and others just by means of interacting through projects and Twitter. So for those who would like to know a bit more:

I'm currently a committer at the Mylyn Builds and Mylyn Docs projects. Lately most of my time has been spent on the latter. I've implemented the EPUB support in Mylyn Docs and is currently working on an extension mechanism in the markup editors and Ant tasks for enabling for instance MathJax rendering of Latex/AsciiMath in these.

I've been enjoying programming since I got my VIC-20 many years ago and have been a professional software engineer since I got out of college in 1997. I've been writing Eclipse based applications since the 2.1 release in 2003 and have since spent a lot of time both using Eclipse and writing applications based on it.

This days I'm an consultant and employee of Itema AS based in Trondheim, Norway. For the past two years I've been at the Norwegian Marine Technology Research Institute (MARINTEK) helping develop a RCP application for simulating a wide range of marine operations. Being an Eclipse committer has really helped in this respect and MARINTEK has even financed a few improvements to Mylyn Docs.

So, I just wanted shortly introduce myself and say that I'm looking forward to contributing to the Orbit project. See you in Boston!

Best regards,
Torkild

Back to the top