Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit source bundles

Ok, that’s fair enough. I just asked from the viewpoint of the Virgo project, where we have to distribute the sources of the third party libraries we use. Since we consume these libraries from Orbit, we found out that for some of them there were no sources.

Thanks,

Lazar

From: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David M Williams
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:27 PM
To: Orbit Developer discussion
Subject: Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit source bundles

No, not a problem in the general sense. We've always left it up to a committer to decide if they want to include source. (Plus, there is an field on the CQ where you have to say and get approval to distribute "binary only" or "binary and source". I've never heard of it being a problem, but is a bit of book keeping). In some cases, someone has come along later and added the source, if it was important to them.