[orbit-dev] Modifying third-party projects

Hello,

We need to modify the current versions of three bundles already in Orbit. We changed the CQs to get approval for modification of the third party bundles and they got approved. Now we want to modify the content (several bugfixes in org.apache.openejb.core, org.glassfish.com.sun.faces and org.apache.xbean.finder bundles), but we want to keep both the original and the new ones. This is not a version change – they are only fixes in the current version, not introduction of new version. Some of the fixes are already available in newer versions of the projects, but some fixes are yet not released, so we cannot get a version containing them.

These bundles are used in Virgo, I am not aware of usage in other projects.

What is the correct approach here? Add the fixed in another version? Or in a new project? Or not adding at all to Orbit until a version containing all the fixes gets released officially from the third party – in this case the modified bundles could safely reside in a Virgo project repository?

Regards,

Lazar

Back to the top