Re: [orbit-dev] Propose to promote committers I-build to downloads

Man, those category things are neat... I should use them more often. ;-)
I've been using http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Orbit as my entry point
into the Orbit wiki pages so I missed the category thing. Oops. So there
are a few more pages that are out of date that I can update.

More comments embedded below...

orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/28/2008 07:24:50 PM:

> Yep, I'll promote latest on Friday morning, which is currently
> http://build.eclipse.org/orbit/artifacts/orbit-
> I/20080228221323/I20080228221323/

Awesome, thanks!

> DJ, a couple more questions or to-dos for you if you could ...
>
> 1. Will you kindly announce on cross-project list pointing folks to
> "how to" consume source bundles from Orbit?
> (I would ... but, don't want anyone to infer credit, that belongs to
you!)

Ok, I will send a note out today. I also just notice this page is out of
date so I will update it.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit_Source_Bundles_In_Your_Build

> 2. About those "how to consume" instructions ... while the instructions
at
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDEBuild/Individual_Source_Bundles
> would suffice for experts, I'm wondering if we need some more
> concise summary in Orbit wiki?

Yep, good idea. I also just found this page
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit_Source_Bundles which is now out of date. I
will update it as well with easier information.

> 3. Is this following reference now obsolete? If so, perhaps we
> should add a "out of date" notice at top, with link to current?
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Source_Bundles

Yeah that's out of date too. I'll update the page.

> 4. Don't forget to add the "Orbit category" to your wiki pages.
> (I know you said we could edit ... but figured you'd enjoy having
> the opportunity to practice :)
> If not ... I'm sure one of us will fix up eventually.

Oops, I will update pages I come across which aren't categorized correctly.

Thanks!

> Thanks,

> DJ Houghton <DJ_Houghton@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> 02/28/2008 12:50 PM

> Re: [orbit-dev] Propose to promote committers I-build to downloads
>

> If we could use build I20080228160302 or later that would be better for
me.
> I made a change to the source bundle version replacer to better handle
> versions like 1.0.0.rc_qualifier. The build isn't in the comitter area
yet
> but is visible on the build dashboard.
>
> Other than that, I think it is a good idea and will allow us to work out
> any issues with the new source bundle format.
>
> +1
>
> Thanks.
>
> orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/28/2008 12:21:26 PM:
>

> > I'd like to promote the latest I-build to the downloads area later
> > today ... or, by noon on Friday, if we want to be consistent.
> >
> > Currently that's
> >
> > I20080227234300
> >
> > This is partially to get some fixes available for use, and partially
> > so consuming teams can start to try out the source includes,
> > if they provide source.
> >
> > Any objections? Any last minute fixes?
> >
> > Thanks

Back to the top