Re: [orbit-dev] Fw: Stable orbit build S200705301823

For the curious, Kim and I did learn that not all committers do have a 'downloads' symbolic link defined in their HOME directory!
(I suspsect she's the only one who doesn't :)

I added a comment to the declare.sh file explaining what was and how currently defined.

I also learned (from what I can see) that myself, Jeff, Kim, and Sonia are the only ones with write access,
so if anyone else needs it, or wants to be a "backup" build master, then .... write a note
to the Orbit Project Lead :)  asking if you can become a member of 'orbitadmin' and 'orbitbuild' groups.

Thanks,

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/30/2007 03:30 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [orbit-dev] Fw: Stable orbit build  S200705301823

Well, first, it's not really your home directory ...
/home/data/users/kmoir/downloads

is a symbolic link ... well, I'm assuming we ALL have thay symbolic link defined.
(I'll bet you realized that right after sending the note :)

My guess is replication in the cluster is not yet quite complete?
That would explain why you couldn't 'read' it.
Want to try again in a 5 or 10 minutes?
I might also warn, that even once on downloads, a build that
relies on HTTP might not find them immediately ... until it's had time to
replicate ... just in case you were planning on kicking off a build
immedately afterwards.

But, you might need to be a member of the "orbitadmin" group to write to
the directory downloads/tools/orbit/downloads/drops

Want to join?

But, at 73, you may be up to the number-of-unix-groups limit?

Kim Moir <Kim_Moir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/30/2007 03:16 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orbit-dev] Fw: Stable orbit build  S200705301823

Actually, I just tried to promote it and received an error message.

I'm in this directory on build.eclipse.org

kmoir@build:/home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/committers> pwd

/home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/committers

kmoir@build:/home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/committers> ./declare.sh S200705301823

S200705301823

declaring build S200705301823

 into /home/data/users/kmoir/downloads/tools/orbit/downloads/drops

 using the build from /home/data/users/kmoir/downloads/tools/orbit/committers/drops

cp: cannot stat `/home/data/users/kmoir/downloads/tools/orbit/committers/drops/S200705301823': No such file or directory

Can't open /home/data/users/kmoir/downloads/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S200705301823/*.php: No such file or directory.

Can't open /home/data/users/kmoir/downloads/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S200705301823/*.map: No such file or directory.

David, any suggestions? Am I running the script from the wrong directory.  I don't really understand why the script is trying to copy files from my home directory.

Kim

----- Forwarded by Kim Moir/Ottawa/IBM on 05/30/2007 03:07 PM -----
Kim Moir/Ottawa/IBM

05/30/2007 03:03 PM

orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Stable orbit build  S200705301823

I'm going to promote orbit build  S200705301823 to stable unless anyone has any objections.

I've read

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Orbit_Builds#How_to_declare_a_build

and think I have commit rights to promote it.

We need a stable build as we are starting to build toward 3.3RC3 tonight and would like to include fixes from the Orbit bundles.

Kim