Re: [orbit-dev] Support for multiple versions in the map file released

Thanks, that helps.
>  only useful if the build produces multiple versions of this bundle.
Yes, I see ... as long as it wouldn't hurt anything, it seems the easiest way to generate something instead of carefully checking if there was more than one, and then doing the exact same thing.

Plus, I suspect it's pretty theoretical, but if by chance orbit produced one version, and some adopter or client produced their own, at some, say, more advanced version, in their own map file,
then it'd be handy if orbit already provided a distinguising version.

Thanks,

Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/05/2007 11:03 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [orbit-dev] Support for multiple versions in the map file released

Yes, comma delimited versions should likely be added to the map files produced by orbit. However this is only useful if the build produces multiple versions of this bundle.

My example was showing how to build multiple version of the same plugin at once (and therefore fetching them from CVS). However it goes without saying that it also works with the GET task or any others defined by the community.

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/05/2007 10:44 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [orbit-dev] Support for multiple versions in the map file released

So, if I'm reading this right, if Orbit was to produce map files for others to
download and use, we should always include the comma delimited version?
And, I think you omitted the "GET" in your example?
Would an example map file entry be like

plugin@org.mortbay.jetty,5.1.11=GET,http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/committers/drops/I200702012111/bundles/org.mortbay.jetty_5.1.11.v200701082340.jar

Or, am I mis-reading?

Thanks,

Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/05/2007 10:32 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orbit-dev] Support for multiple versions in the map file released

As of today's I build (18:24), the support to fetch multiple versions of a given bundle has been released.

Two things to use it:

For plugins which will have multiple versions, replace the 0.0.0 by the first three segments of the desired version followed by "qualifier". Example:

   <plugin id="org.junit" version="3.8.1.qualifier" ... />

   <plugin id="org.junit" version="4.1.0.qualifier" ... />

Then in the map file concatenate the first three digits of the version to the plugin id (in the key). For example:

  plugin@junit,3.8.1=v20070301.....

  plugin@junit,4.1.0=v20070301.....

Note that the separator between plugin id and version is a comma.

PaScaL

Ps: this build also contains the new support for obtaining bundles from a http using the ant get task as well as a new and improved support to fetch prebuilt jars from CVS.