Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit builds and the base builder

David,

I can add a new version of pde build to basebuilder if  this is an issue for you.  Please open a bug against plaform releng specifying the version of pde build that you would like included.  We usually only update the plugins in basebuilder after each milestone but often make exceptions if there is new functionality/bug fixes in pde build.  I won't tag it with M4b_33 because there wasn't a M4b  :-) but I'll give you a stable tag you can use.

Kim

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/27/2007 05:11 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[orbit-dev] Orbit builds and the base builder

> > 2). If we can update the builder to be running on the latest version of
> > PDE-Build, that would be cool. There was a bug that Pascal fixed which
> > allows for qualifier replacement in the middle of strings that we will need
> > when we have a bundle that already has a 4 part version. (e.g. org.junit
> > 4.1.0.1_qualifier -> 4.1.0.1_20070126)

> Yes, I'll look into it this weekend, but ping me if it gets to be
> anything thats
> holding you up. As I do it, I'll write up some "how to" for the
> build wiki, so others know
> how to do more easily. (Or, if you've already figured it out ... feel free!).

I have added to the "how to" and description part of our  build process

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Orbit_Builds#Orbit_Builds_for_Orbit_Builds-masters

and have updated to the M4_33 version of the  base builder

But that didn't fix or pickup the fix, apparently, that you were really after.
Apparently it's not in the "base builder" yet?

I'd prefer if we worked from the platform provided base builder, instead
of patching together some custom versions.

So, DJ, or Pascal, when do you think this fix will be in the base builder?
Perhaps you could open a feature request with them for a M4b_33 version?