[openk-platform-dev] Design decisions & documentation

Dear openK developers,

scanning the initial sources checked in the git, I discovered a design
decision to implement UIs using portlet technology. I am curious why
this decision was reached and how the decision supports extensibility
and changeability as well as the other relevant parts of the ISO 9241
(http://www.iso.org/iso/search.htm?qt=9241&published=on&active_tab=standards)

Also, a documentation on
* the requirements used for the implementation
* the major assumptions beyond the requirements used for implementation
* the architectural decisions made
* the tooling used for development and documentation (e.g. the UML tool
used)
* the basic IDE configuration to work with the code
* how to start and experience the pilot

would be greatly appreciated. I can validate the initial documentation
since I am just now trying to understand the development results up to
now, which means I have basically no idea what has been going on
Therefore, if I understand the documentation, we should consider it
"foolproof" :D

Sidenote: I think we should try to agree on a light-weight
documentation. It should not slow down development, but be a part of the
value chain. Otherwise, we loose the ability to integrate additional
developers.

Best regards,
Martin Jung

--
Dr.-Ing. Martin Jung
Diplom-Informatiker (Univ.)

PGP public key ID: 0x3F2D0402 http://pgp.mit.edu/

BASYS Gesellschaft für Anwender- und Systemsoftware mbH

Ein Unternehmen der develop group

Am Weichselgarten 4, 91058 Erlangen
Fon: +49 (0) 9131 777-435
Fax: +49 (0) 9131 777-444
E-Mail: jung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.develop-group.de

Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Detlef Kips, Dr. Michael Zanzinger

Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 2409

Diese E-Mail könnte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte
Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder
diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie