[open-measured-data-wg] Request for feedback on ideas for new ad-hoc data analysis application.

Hi all,
my name is Ian Mayo, and I'm currently scoping an Open Source
Eclipse-based application that will be used for the ad-hoc analysis of
measured datasets.

I've had support and endorsement from the Eclipse Science Working
Group after I approached them for feedback [1].  I chose a "real
world" use case to present typical information flows to as wide a a
readership as possible.  By chance, the real world example was that of
analysing the performance of an autonomous (driverless) car.  Shortly
after I learned about your group (and the automotive group).

I realise that your group focuses on a set of measurement standards
specific to the automotive domain, whereas my application is designed
to support as wide a set of disciplines as possible.  But, I'd jump at
the chance of discussing wider user-interface and good data management
practices with you.  Maybe data and UI techniques employed in my
application could feed future applications in your ecosystem.

My thoughts and ideas are currently collated in a
relatively-accessible online presentation[2].

Any feedback/criticisms/suggestions you have will be most welcome.

Regards,
Ian

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists//science-iwg/msg01046.html
[2] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18WHwEn6BD4HcnAIplFkb-HxsV95hrm_6A79mYOHLN7Q/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.p