Re: [open-measured-data-wg] Requirements Engineering Document

Hi Sven

I was hoping that this question already is on the agenda of the steering committee, but since I don’t know of any other way I hereby formally ask the steering committe to clarify this point.

So the question that the steering committee needs to answer are:
- who is responsible for collecting and classifying the requirements?
- who is responsible for writing detail requirements to the high level requirements?
- who is responsible for accompany the implementation of the requirements? Who answers questions on HOW certain requirements should be implemented? (Operational work during requirements)
- who signs off the implemenation?
- which roles do need to be executed from members of the steering committees and which can be delegated?

May be the questions aren’t complete, but the answers of these questions should provide the roles needed to work efficently. Then we also know more about the process and can clarify the questions raised in section 5.

Other questions which should be answered eventually: In case there is a contribution outside of the steering committee - how is this handled? Normally in open source projects the committers define if a contribution is accepted or not. Who is responsible for it in openMDM?

I attach another version of the documents, because in the current one there was a bug on the transition rights, which may leed to confusion.

Best regards
Sibylle

---
Sibylle Peter