[oomph-dev] Does oomph has some periodic file system check ?

Hello to all,

We are having a customized eclipse where following features are installed from Oomph.

Org.eclipse.oomph.preferences

Org.eclipse.oomph.setup

This customized eclipse  runs inside an environment that is license server based for file systems.

It means that, any time when a file is accessed, a license is checked out for 30 minutes. When it expires it is send back to the pool.

And we do have a limited amount of licenses.

After we updated following features
Oomph Setup v.1.14.0 -> 1.16.0.v20200113-0727
Oomph Preference Management v.1.11.0 -> 1.12.0.v20190929-1544

We started getting some license spikes: For about ~200 users the licenses have been checked out in about 10 min.  It seems that eclipse is doing something in background with the file system and triggers the license checkout.

And I am trying to identify the root cause. Checking commits in oomph between v.1.14.0 & v.1.16.0 for the plugins we use.

And I am asking you, if you are aware about such processes that comes form oomph or its dependencies.
E.g. Does oomph has a periodic file system scan or something related.

Thank you in advance
Lidia

Back to the top