[oomph-dev] Custom Oomph binary - Windows signing

Hi,

first of all, let me tell you how awesome Oomph is! It really makes
consuming Eclipse far more convenient than before. It's a pleasure to
use, even compared to our previous way of inhouse Eclipse delivery
(based on Java Webstart + some property file editing ;) + Workspace
mechanics + custom provisioning plugin - though all of that worked way
better than it sounds written down).

Now, we are trying to build the binaries ourselves to point them to our
own catalogue. This works great but the resulting binary cannot be
signed by the Windows signtool.exe. I tried using the official Oomph
binary and I was able to resign it without issues. Our own binary
unfortunately produces an "SignTool Error: SignedCode::Sign returned
error: 0x800700C1 - %1 is not a valid win-32 application".

Now the question: Besides concatenating the binaries (extractor, product
zip, markers, etc) - do you during the build process (or sign process)
any modifications to the exe which we are missing? Any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Greetings
-Sascha-

Back to the top