From: oniro-wg [mailto:oniro-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Zahra Fazli
Sent: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 4:45 PM
To: oniro-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [oniro-wg] Oniro Working Group Elections Announcement - Call for Nominations

The Oniro Working Group Charter identifies the various committees that drive the facets of the working group for which there are elected positions to be filled.

In the case of the Oniro Working Group, the elected positions are for the Steering Committee, Specification Committee, and Marketing Committee for which there is one seat each to be elected at the Gold, Silver and Committer member level. Note that at this time, the Working Group has no Gold Members, while Strategic Members each have a representative appointed to the committees.

Through this email, we are formally announcing the Eclipse Foundation will hold these elections on behalf of the working group using the proposed timetable listed below:

Nomination Eligibility:

Silver Members: Array, IoTex Foundation, Linaro Limited, NOI Techpark

Committer Members are those who are engaged in projects under the purview of the working group (core, blueprints, compliance toolchain, and oh) .  Committers may be considered members by virtue of either a) being employed by a working group corporate member, or b) an individual committer who has executed the Oniro Working Group’s Individual Participation Agreement.  If you are interested but unsure if you are a committer member, please reach out to us.

All members are encouraged to consider nominating and  self-nominations are also more than welcome!

Elections Schedule:

April 5-14: Call for Nominations

April 17:  Announce Candidates Standing

April 19:  Ballots Distributed (Voting Period)

April 27:  Announce Election Results

Nominations must be sent to this mailing list indicating related seat.  When the nomination period is closed, we will inform the working group of the confirmed candidates providing a short bio for each along with their position statement.  At that point, we will distribute ballots via email to those eligible to vote.  The election process will follow the Eclipse “Single Transferable Vote” method, as defined in the Eclipse Bylaws.  The winning candidates will be announced on this mailing list following the close of the election.  Self nominations are more than welcome!

Please let us know if you have any questions.  Nominations are now open!.

Best Regards,

Zahra

-- Zahra Fazli

Membership Process Lead | Eclipse Foundation