[oniro-wg] Oniro Program Plan 2023 timeline

Hello,

given that the creation of the Oniro WG Program Plan requires input from many
of you, I send the timeline to this list, so you are all informed and can
provide feedback.

## Rationale

The Program Plan for every WG and the associated budget need to follow a
specific timeline so it can be incorporated to the EF workflow that leads into
the approval of the overall EF budget for 2023 by the Executive Director first
and finally the EF Board of Directors during 2022.

All WGs must meet the timeline. Last year Oniro did not followed it since we
were not created yet so this will be the first time for this Working Group
working under this timeline.

## Program Plan timeline

The key steps that determine the approval of every WG Program Plan are:
* Program Plan Development
* Draft Program Plan creation
* Candidate Program Plan approved by the WG Steering Committee.
* Based on such candidate, EF creates the budget.
* Budget and Program Plan approved by the WG SC.
* Program Plan and budget approved by the EF Exec. Director.
* Overall EF budget approved by the EF Board of Directors.

## Timeline for Oniro

Oniro Program Plan 2023 timeline is as follows:
* Early October: Oniro Program Plan 2023 discussion
* Mid October: draft created
* Approval of the Oniro Program Plan 2022 candidate at EclipseCon 2022 on
October 27th (f2f Oniro WG Sc meeting).
   * Deadline is November 4th
* Oniro Program Plan 2023 and budget approved by Oniro WG SC on November 10th
   * Dealine is November 18th

### Considerations

The dates proposed for Oniro WG SC approvals are based on our current
calendar. We can define extraordinary meetings for specific sessions
(approvals).

The candidate can be approved during the Oniro WG SC f2f meeting proposed to
take place during EclipseCon 2022 (Thursday 27th October at 9:00 CEST)

SFSCon is Nov. 11th and 12th. There is a plan for Member representatives and
core people at the WG to meet at Solda around SFSCon 2022. We have the
opportunity to make such meeting meaningful when it comes to the Program Plan
2023 discussion, especially if the meeting takes place before SFSCon 2022.

Having some days between the planned approval dates and the final deadline
allows room for contingencies that might appear (quorums, controversies...).

Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Oniro Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation