[oniro-wg] Marketing Task Force minutes

Hi everyone,

The minutes will be merged here: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/proposal-incubation-stage-oniro/proposal-incubation-oniro-marketing/-/tree/main/meetings-marketing-oniro

Meanwhile for everyone’s reference I’ll share it here as well:

FOSDEM

·       working on a news to kickoff the first steering committee and the working group to be operational

MWC

·       the event will be held as a sales event

·       Gael/Agustin/Davide/Adrian will host the Oniro workshop (max 14 attendees) --> asked some details on how will be there (job titles, company name, etc). I suggest to keep track of the participants number as an empty room won't be a good way to present the project.

·       Roll-up printing file sent today to Eclipse (QRcode pointing to oniroproject.org)

·       Gadgets "welcome kit" TBC

·       At MWC we will also target the infra Eclipse migration --> this could be the announcement to kickoff the 2022 Goofy release! being finally able to point people to the official git repo of the project!

IOTSWC

·       Engage at the booth -->

o   Make BPs attractive by creating a context e.g. simulate a vending machine at the booth, when you click "buy now" you'll get Oniro stickers and/or Oniro candies

o   Lottery e.g. come to our booth and every end of the day the winners will receive a giveaway TO BE CHECKED FEASIBILITY AS LOTTERY SHOULD BE USUALLY LEGALLY REGISTERED

·       Oniro inspirational video to be presented at the booth à we need to start working on the concept

·       Coffee with the press --> organizing a press morning breakfast on the first day of event with nice press kits with some swags. I'm scheduling a meeting with the marketing event team to discuss about all actions prior-during-post conference we can put in place to maximize our participation

·       Developers fan base --> invite some developers from the main countries we are targeting (UK, Italy, France, Germany, Nordics) as our guests e.g. paying the tickets (if needed), special giveaways like dev boards etc

·       Gadgets (e.g. t-shirts with a different design every year to increase the belonging feeling towards the Oniro community, like collect them all!, funny socks, fidgets, oniro mascottes, etc ).

To get some insights I'm working on a survey addressed to our engineering team to collect info on the most appreciated gadgets they got after a conference, something like "What was the coolest gadget you got at a conference?"

Next week let’s share some ideas/outline for the Linaro tech webinar that can be host end of Feb right before MWC or middle of March between MWC and IOTSWC

Let's think out of the box!

Best

C.

Back to the top