[oniro-wg-specification] Oniro Compatibility Specification project proposal draft - for rapid review

Hello all,
(cross posting to -specifications and -dev)

We're starting a work on a specification proposal for Oniro compatibility. You will find below an extract of the proposal. We'd like wide feedback on the description and scope.

Thank you in advance,
Marta

===

Project Name: Oniro compatibility specification

Parent project: Oniro core

Background:  In the goal of defragmentation of the embedded/IoT space, Oniro needs to define a list of requirements such a device must meet to be called Oniro-compatible. This includes both hardware and software requirements.

Scope:
In-scope: provide a list of requirements for a product to meet. If they do, they will seamlessly work with other Oniro devices. Provide the Technology Compatibility Kit (TCK) for the specification and at verify compatibility of at least one implementation.

Out-of-scope: this specification will not specify particular Oniro components. For those components we can create separate specifications.

This specification defines requirements a product must meet to be called Oniro-compatible. The specification will include subjects like hardware features; Board Support Package (BSP) implementation; communication protocols to access other Oniro devices (including hardware requirements); compatibility with other standards (like OpenHarmony, protocols like OpenThread or Project Matter); security features (hardware, software); API for features like AI; vendor's processes. The specification might define profiles for different device types.

Back to the top