[oniro-dev] Fwd: Oniro Roadmapping process: draft. Call for feedback.

Hello,

please read below about the Roadmapping Process draft. The discussion will
take place at oniro-wg mailing list.

Subject: Oniro Roadmapping process: draft. Call for feedback.
Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 12:44:06 PM CEST
From: Agustín Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: oniro-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

in parallel with the creation and approval of the content of the coming Oniro
Platform release (Goofy roadmap items) that some of you, led by Amit, are
carrying through, Sebastian S., Jarek M. and myself, with input from various
others, have created a draft of the Roadmapping process.

## What is a roadmapping process?

The roadmapping process defines how the main items that form the Oniro
Platform roadmap are proposed, described, discussed, agreed, tracked, evolved,
approved, deprecated... Those main items are the Initiatives (High level
elements).

This effort does not define what becomes part of the roadmap, only how.

### Goal of this effort

The intention at this point is to define the skeleton and the main aspects of
the process, leaving the description of the details to the Roadmap Team, that
will be created as part of this Oniro Roadmapping process.

## Roadmapping process description

You can find the roadmapping process (draft) in this wiki page:

Link: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/groups/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/roadmap-oniro-wg/
wishlist-roadmap/-/wikis/home

You will find there:
* Definition, goals and considerations that are relevant to understand the
process.
* Nomenclature used.
   * Some of you have ideas around this topic. Please expose them here.
* Process description
* Complementary resources like dashboards, templates and diagrams to get a
better idea of how we envision the design and implementation of the process.

I would use the infographic as starting point. You can find it here.

Link: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/roadmap-oniro-wg/
wishlist-roadmap/wishlist-repo/-/blob/main/
oniro_roadmapping_process_infographic.pdf

## Next steps

* We would like to collect feedback from you about this draft during the
coming days though this oniro-wg mailing list or the office hours.
   * Please check below the scheduled office hours.
   * Ping Agustin B.B. or Sebastian S. for 1:1 sessions.
* This draft will be presented to Oniro Member representatives this coming
Thursday.
* I will bring next week to this mailing list the second draft, based on the
feedback received.

The aim is to approve the Roadmapping process at the Oniro WG Steering
Committee (SC) on April 13th.

### Office hours

* Tomorrow Thursday 2022-03-31 from 12:00 to 12:45 CEST
* Next Tuesday 2022-04-05 from 12:00 to 12:30 CEST
* Following Thursday 2022-04-07 from 12:00 to 12:30 CEST
* Tuesday 2022-04-12 from 15:00 to 15:30 CEST

All the above session are part of the Oniro calendar. Please check it to find
how to join.

Link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?
cid=Y19kNzN2bmpqMzZydWZ2b3JhMzJnZGZjODUwOEBncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t

Please let me or Sebastian know if you would like to be invited to any of
them. How to import the Oniro Calendar.

Link: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/groups/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/proposal-incubation-stage-oniro/-/wikis/Meetings#oniro-calendar

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Oniro Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation